Please see these great online resources on 3D Game Art about the course topics. Also included some Design-links and Game Development & fun game documentary links.
- Modo Basic Training Series by Foundry. Basics of layout, viewports, material and rendering.
- Learn Modo, a collection of tutorial videos. These are about Modo 7, and Modo is now at version 12, but the workflows and tools here still apply.
- Modo Modelling 101 by Martin Krol. More than 6 years old series by now but still clear and applies. This series is about interface, the tools and modeling.
- Getting Started in Modo and Workflow with Tor Frick. First 50 minutes is an intro to Modo. Then you can watch a master modeler at work.
- Modo TV tutorial archive with search by topic, by Luxology – original company behind Modo.
- Pixel Fondue Modo Training, various short Modo tips & tricks.
- Zbrush Classroom, instruction from Pixologic the Zbrush company.
- Intro to Zbrush, awesome series by Michael Pavlovich
- Zbrush Zmodeler, introduces polygon modeling tool that came with Zbrush 7.
- Organic Modeling in Zbrush, shows creation of a character base.
- Substance Painter 2018 course, a series that goes over the fundamentals.
- Zbrush to Substance Painter, by Andrew Smith. A pipeline tutorial.
- Substance Painter Baking in depth, very thorough explanation of baking.
- Design Theory: Big, Medium, Small – good breakdown of a key art rule.
- Conceptual Contrast by Sinix Design.
- Understanding Color by Blender Guru.
About Games and Game Development
- So You Wanna Makes Games? From Riot Games artists, to artists. Cool intro to what game art is about, a 10 episode video series.
- Extra Credits, Huge video series about making games and about games overall.
- Noclip, Documentaries about games and the people and companies behind them.
- GDC Vault, Game Developer Conference presentations in video form, many of them are free to view.